Here we go again
Ah, it's diet time again. NOW people finally get the name of this blog. I never get anything right the first time (or apparently, in case of dieting, the first thousand times), so it's always "herewegoagain" in my universe.
Yes, the approaching birthday has caused DH and myself to look closely at our lifestyles. There are only a tiny, few, barely noticeable differences between the two of us, but I'll list them:
1) He runs several times a week. I am not exactly sure if my legs know how to run. Or walk. They do, however, know how to saunter to the fridge several times a day.
2) He is at his ideal weight. I am at Tim Duncan's ideal weight.
Well, those are the two tiny differences in our lifestyle. There are others (he doesn't have to eat ALL the chocolate at a sitting, he thinks it's fun to lift weights, he doesn't bake batches of cookies just to eat the batter--stuff like that.) His love of me and loathe of calling 911 prompts him to be completely supportive whenever I start my dieting. The big drag about all my diets is when people come up to me and ask if mr. herewegoagain is feeling OK because "he's gotten so thin". Argh.
Anyway, the latest diet is going to be "heart healthy". Being the wonderful wife and mother that I am, I took it upon myself to purge the refrigerator of all unhealthy temptations. I wouldn't want my husband or children to stumble and eat oh, real leftover pizza. Therefore I removed it. To my mouth. Oh----it was soooo good. Not that the spinach/bean/reduced cheese "pizza" we had last night wasn't absolutely delicious. Of course it was.
I really don't think my husband needs to be tempted by the creamy peanut butter that is left in the pantry next to sugar free lemon wafers and a big box of Splenda. I felt it my duty to make those pb and honey sandwiches last night. You know, to use up the honey. I mean, honey is practically sugar. OK, well, we bought honey as part of the diet. But it's so good on a peanut butter sandwich that, um, yeah, it's gone.
We also bought berries for dessert. No more cookies or brownies. NOPE, just fresh or frozen berries, either on a slice of angel food cake, or not. Yes, I bought the non-dairy whipped topping and yes, I ate the entire tub, but it was for the good of the FAMILY. I am always sacrificing.
SO, after two days on this diet, here's how it is going at the herewegoagain house...
Dinner one: Barbequed beef and bean burgers. That recipe called for 1/2 pound of lean hamburger to be divided between FIVE burgers. As sweet girl put it, "It's a little bean-y".
Breakfast the next day: The turkey bacon went over really well. I knew it would because I didn't get the "healthy" turkey bacon, I got the one with all the additives. Yum. I bought Omega-3 eggs and rowdy son was sure they "tasted different". I thought they were good. But not as good as the six pieces of toast and jelly I ate (healthy bread, real fruit jelly, OK?)
Dinner two: Spinach/bean/sundried tomato pizza. Tasty. Well, bean-y. In fact, not unlike a burrito. The 1/2 cup of shredded reduced fat cheese (for EIGHT servings) did sort of disappear into the beans. The spinach was a chewy touch. We all feel full of beans today.
My birthday celebration is going to have high fat everything on the grill. And a cake (or two). Then back on the wagon. I've eaten the leftover "real" pizza, the tub of whipped topping, most of the honey and all of the berries. A week full of beans in various forms coupled with scant amounts of beef or turkey or chicken awaits me. They tell me I'll feel better. This "isn't about losing weight", it's about "feeling good". Well, right now, what would really make me feel good is a big ol' bag of Hershey kisses.
But that's exactly what got me to this bean-y point in life. Drag. I'll keep people posted on DH's extreme weight loss and my non-weight loss (but it's not about the weight, right?).
Yes, the approaching birthday has caused DH and myself to look closely at our lifestyles. There are only a tiny, few, barely noticeable differences between the two of us, but I'll list them:
1) He runs several times a week. I am not exactly sure if my legs know how to run. Or walk. They do, however, know how to saunter to the fridge several times a day.
2) He is at his ideal weight. I am at Tim Duncan's ideal weight.
Well, those are the two tiny differences in our lifestyle. There are others (he doesn't have to eat ALL the chocolate at a sitting, he thinks it's fun to lift weights, he doesn't bake batches of cookies just to eat the batter--stuff like that.) His love of me and loathe of calling 911 prompts him to be completely supportive whenever I start my dieting. The big drag about all my diets is when people come up to me and ask if mr. herewegoagain is feeling OK because "he's gotten so thin". Argh.
Anyway, the latest diet is going to be "heart healthy". Being the wonderful wife and mother that I am, I took it upon myself to purge the refrigerator of all unhealthy temptations. I wouldn't want my husband or children to stumble and eat oh, real leftover pizza. Therefore I removed it. To my mouth. Oh----it was soooo good. Not that the spinach/bean/reduced cheese "pizza" we had last night wasn't absolutely delicious. Of course it was.
I really don't think my husband needs to be tempted by the creamy peanut butter that is left in the pantry next to sugar free lemon wafers and a big box of Splenda. I felt it my duty to make those pb and honey sandwiches last night. You know, to use up the honey. I mean, honey is practically sugar. OK, well, we bought honey as part of the diet. But it's so good on a peanut butter sandwich that, um, yeah, it's gone.
We also bought berries for dessert. No more cookies or brownies. NOPE, just fresh or frozen berries, either on a slice of angel food cake, or not. Yes, I bought the non-dairy whipped topping and yes, I ate the entire tub, but it was for the good of the FAMILY. I am always sacrificing.
SO, after two days on this diet, here's how it is going at the herewegoagain house...
Dinner one: Barbequed beef and bean burgers. That recipe called for 1/2 pound of lean hamburger to be divided between FIVE burgers. As sweet girl put it, "It's a little bean-y".
Breakfast the next day: The turkey bacon went over really well. I knew it would because I didn't get the "healthy" turkey bacon, I got the one with all the additives. Yum. I bought Omega-3 eggs and rowdy son was sure they "tasted different". I thought they were good. But not as good as the six pieces of toast and jelly I ate (healthy bread, real fruit jelly, OK?)
Dinner two: Spinach/bean/sundried tomato pizza. Tasty. Well, bean-y. In fact, not unlike a burrito. The 1/2 cup of shredded reduced fat cheese (for EIGHT servings) did sort of disappear into the beans. The spinach was a chewy touch. We all feel full of beans today.
My birthday celebration is going to have high fat everything on the grill. And a cake (or two). Then back on the wagon. I've eaten the leftover "real" pizza, the tub of whipped topping, most of the honey and all of the berries. A week full of beans in various forms coupled with scant amounts of beef or turkey or chicken awaits me. They tell me I'll feel better. This "isn't about losing weight", it's about "feeling good". Well, right now, what would really make me feel good is a big ol' bag of Hershey kisses.
But that's exactly what got me to this bean-y point in life. Drag. I'll keep people posted on DH's extreme weight loss and my non-weight loss (but it's not about the weight, right?).


5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Anonymous, at 2:30 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
herewegoagain, at 8:20 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
herewegoagain, at 10:10 PM
"It's about feeling better and having more energy" -- yeah RIGHT, when did a diet ever give me more energy? All diets ever do is make me GROUCHY! Especially when I couple the diet with other bursts of unnatural healthiness... like going "off" caffeine for the fifth time this year. (I always successfully go off... and then successfully go back on three weeks later). Oh, and by the way, drinking 8 cups of water a day does NOT make you lose weight, that is a myth, I know, because I've tried it.
BUT, mad props to you for your diet! And I am full of support and cannot wait to eat the bean versions of everything when I come visit in two weeks (most Americans are lacking fiber in their diet, my family will just be fine! :-) Seriously, I am proud of you, and most importantly of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD, and MY OFFICIAL HEROINE!
By
Anonymous, at 11:44 PM
I think there is some merit in the exercise involved in COUNTLESS trips to the "little girl's room" when drinking that much water. Oh, and being over 40.
Yeah, grumpy.That's me.
Hey, the deleted comments were supposed to have an explanation...I had a comment from a health-food site and while my reply was WITTY, it was decided by my technical advisors (you know who that is!) to delete commercial ads from my comments.
And really, I was witty. Censorship has it's price....and now no one will know just how to get that perfect dietary supplement that will take the pounds off.
BUT, it's not about the WEIGHT....
You are so sweet to your old mom. Just like a perfect daughter should be.
By
herewegoagain, at 1:33 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home