herewegoagain

Thursday, January 05, 2006

JOY!

WE won, we won, we won, won,won,won,won,won..........

UT won it all last night at the Rose Bowl.

I just want to say, UT owes my hubby a big debt of gratititude (and maybe a free coffee mug...). He has been a die-hard fan since he was six and this year was the first year in our entire marriage that he wasn't able to watch a SINGLE game. Because of that, of course, they won all of them.

I take some credit. I was the one who pulled the plug on the TV after the 67th Victoria's Secret commercial shown during a family show in which rowdy son was in the room. I said, "enough" and mr. herewegoagain graciously gave up football, FOXNews, Hannity and Colmes and the Spurs. I was gracious too...giving up the Food Network was a painful decision, but I still keep up with my friends there (sniff, Rachel Ray, that guy who tells everything about every kind of food, and Emeril) by reading www.televisionwithoutpity.com! And yes, I have friends taping LOST for me.

And because of our sacrifice, a new football dynasty was born! Don't bother to send roses, I know what this means to all the UT fans out there. Just send money.

Now that we herewegoagains hold the secret to a winning season, you can count on the Spurs winning it all this year too.

OH Happy Day!

3 Comments:

  • Chica, am loving your blog, too funny, and thanks so much for helping UT win! You and mr. herewegoagain definitely deserve mugs. Also, totally relate to the lean cuisine thing - btw, they are great with a big side salad, a yeast roll with butter, and a big dessert, hehe.

    Long may you blog, ms. pix

    By Blogger pix, at 8:58 AM  

  • LOL, I hardl pay attention to this stuff. When people were talking about Penn State the other day I was like, "What is going on?"

    I enjoy being blissfully ignorant on these topics. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 PM  

  • Thanks for reading, pix...I enjoyed your blog just now! Great shot of the Tower! I have to say I almost completely agree with your take on Lean Cuisine...make that TWO Lean Cuisines, a salad, roll and dessert (2?) and they are the perfect diet food.

    Hailey! I'm generally ignorant EXCEPT for the Horns and the Spurs. (both pointy, eh?). There's just something about a national championship that brings out the fan in me. Austin will be a fun town this weekend!

    By Blogger herewegoagain, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home