herewegoagain

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sleep

Whether it is puppies or babies, too much caffeine or not enough sugar, stuff on my mind, or the last scary episode of "Lost", I just do not get enough sleep.

Mr. herewegoagain would laugh heartily at the above comment, because he usually leaves me snoring under the blankets as he goes off to work (ummmm, I should add, because he reads this, that there is WAY too much opening and shutting of drawers in the morning..just saying). But the thing is, I like my sleep.

But now we have a puppy. And sweet daughter is the designated puppy mom around here. For an nine-year-old, she is really good about the late nights and early mornings and feeding and washing and brushing and caring for a six- pound pup. However, last night she was at the breaking point.

Dolly had kept her up all night the night before. Last night, it was looking the same. And it was pretty grim because sweet daughter still was sleep-deprived. She came into my bedroom with a disheveled, almost hysterical look, holding a very wide-awake puppy and cried out, "I just can't get her to sleep". I had visions of grandmother-hood flashing in my head and I said, "Just give her to me".

I petted, played, rocked and sang to the dog. I scolded, walked, and tucked her in bed. FINALLY, she fell asleep and I fell asleep and all was well with the world.

Till five am. So, now I see why sweet daughter had that wild-eyed look about her. That dog is NOT a herewegoagain creature. She's an early bird. OH NO! I have been oblivious to the early mornings, because guess what--I've been sleeping. Poor sweet daughter. No wonder she's been a bit cranky. Five am is not my idea of play time either.

Well, it's just a matter of time before pup learns that we sleep late here. And once that happens, we'll all be happy. Till then, there is a certain amount of crankiness in the herewegoagain house.
Now I need a nap.

3 Comments:

  • Awww... Your poor sweet daughter. I have noticed the blue circles under her eyes...poor thing.

    Our dog stay up all night and sleep all day. I wish I could be nocturnal too, but my mother doesn't allow it (early bird that she is).

    My dad is really loud in the mornings too! It MUST be a guy thing. Whenever I marry I will have to ask about his sleeping habits from his family. Mayber he will have shared a room with a brother... Hmmm... See I think about these things. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

  • Ok, I left you a really nice LONG comment and it wouldn't let me publish it, so this will have to suffice. I will see you tomorrow anyways... I will tell you what I said tomorrow. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

  • I think you are due for a new post. I forgive you though considering it is the holidays. :) Don't you feel fortunate? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home