He Loves Crazy
Yesterday I was crazy. My kids refer to it as "psycho mom". I blame menopause, my age and eating another entire bag of Hershey's kisses.
Mr. herewegoagain probably should be nominated for sainthood.
Here's how it went.
I called him. He answered. He answered so NICELY. He was like, "Hey!" and I was all happy. He loves me, he wants to hear from me, life is good.
Then he continued, "Hey, I have company here in my office. I'll call you back".
Suddenly I thought, "Wait, is he only nice because people are listening? What????" I was so NOT happy. I told him so. Really, not exactly a normal reaction to a cheery hello. What is WRONG with me anyway? Oh yeah....that menopause thing. Or hormones. Or...the Hershey Kisses.
He came home, and said, "Let me get this straight...you were mad at me because I was "too nice" to you?". Looks incredulous. Um, yeah.
Yeah, suddenly I felt stupid. No longer sugar-high mom...more like sheepish mom.
This is the man who gets up every day in the dark and cold and doesn't wake me (let alone want me to make breakfast for him), drives an hour to work so I can live in the sweet country town I want to, turns over every single cent he makes to me to fritter away on silly things like TOO MANY BAGS OF HERSHEY KISSES, and still loves me when he's "too nice" to me on the phone.
NO MORE SUGAR! (but what else can I put in the cute Christmas dishes???).
Mr. herewegoagain probably should be nominated for sainthood.
Here's how it went.
I called him. He answered. He answered so NICELY. He was like, "Hey!" and I was all happy. He loves me, he wants to hear from me, life is good.
Then he continued, "Hey, I have company here in my office. I'll call you back".
Suddenly I thought, "Wait, is he only nice because people are listening? What????" I was so NOT happy. I told him so. Really, not exactly a normal reaction to a cheery hello. What is WRONG with me anyway? Oh yeah....that menopause thing. Or hormones. Or...the Hershey Kisses.
He came home, and said, "Let me get this straight...you were mad at me because I was "too nice" to you?". Looks incredulous. Um, yeah.
Yeah, suddenly I felt stupid. No longer sugar-high mom...more like sheepish mom.
This is the man who gets up every day in the dark and cold and doesn't wake me (let alone want me to make breakfast for him), drives an hour to work so I can live in the sweet country town I want to, turns over every single cent he makes to me to fritter away on silly things like TOO MANY BAGS OF HERSHEY KISSES, and still loves me when he's "too nice" to me on the phone.
NO MORE SUGAR! (but what else can I put in the cute Christmas dishes???).


3 Comments:
Hey there. You left a comment at my blog, so I thought I'd say hello. Welcome to the blogosphere! I once ate a whole bag of Hershey's Kisses when I was a kid, and I broke out in hives all over my body! So my parents thought I was allergic to chocolate, and they put a CAROB SANTA in my Christmas stocking. I secretly started eating bits of chocolate again, and the hives never reappeared, so I started eating more and more and more, but never a whole bag of Hershey's Kisses again. So the next time you are tempted to eat a whole bag, think about breaking out in massive hives all over your body!
By
Miss Dennis, at 7:21 PM
Here's the thing. I was so thrilled to have you look at my silly blog about getting old and fat and life in the country--when you are fighting the NYC Board of Ed and all that entails. I really admire what you do. Thanks for visiting. And yes, hives would be worse. I think the thought MIGHT keep me a little more controlled around the Santa dish.
By
herewegoagain, at 11:25 PM
well, I was thoroughly grouchy and awful to my poor roommate ALL DAY yesterday, and I didn't eat a whole bag of hershey kisses and I certainly HOPE I'm not going through menopause so.... what's my excuse?
;-)
By
Anonymous, at 5:15 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home