herewegoagain

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today it all worked

the way it is supposed to. I went to the surgeon's office. He was young, personable, competent, brilliant and well, basically wonderful.

Maybe that's why they get the big bucks....

And, the best part? He said, "Let's not wait any longer, let's just get that taken care of now". Wow. I was all over that. A few pin pricks to numb me, a few funny stories to entertain me, and the melanoma is now on its way to a lab somewhere in another state. And gone. Gone. Gone.

I'm so happy.

Of course, all my cancer excuses are also gone. I'll have to do dishes again, probably get my own drinks from the fridge, and resume soccer-momming. That's OK, I really do prefer to NOT have cancer than to have excuses to get out of everything and anything. For a little while (a week, no more), I do have the "care-for-the-wound" excuse, but even that really pales with Perfect Daughter's "two-wisdom-teeth-yanked-in-one-day" excuse. Ouch. We both have big plans to be in jammies all day tomorrow and watch multiple chick-flicks while downing pain pills and eating ice-cream.

I do still have the cute sun-protective clothing catalogs. Shopping is one perk I'm not giving up from this experience.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. Wear sunscreen. See your dermatologist. Buy cute sun-protective clothes with large floppy hats so I won't be the only one out there looking like Jackie O on the run from the paparazzi.....it's all about health! (And, by the way, beets aren't half-bad as cancer-fighting veggies go.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home