Time
Can it really be A MONTH since I have blogged? I remember back in the day (that day would be some day in 2005) I could sometimes blog twice in 24 hours. There is some blog term for that, akin to "stepping on one's toes" that DH used as he laughed at my enthusiasm. Anyway, here I am, 150 blog posts later, and it's like I've run out of time. Not out of stuff to write about, not with Rowdy Son at the dining room table, no way. Not out of stuff to read on the 'net, not with election coverage, Britney's breakdown and weather.com, no way. So it's not about the computer (well, maybe a teeny-weeny bit about dial-up connections) but it is just about of time.
I had two minutes, right now, so I decided to blog.
That two minutes was taken up by my complete and utter memory loss as to my password into "new blogger". Can I just say? I truly dislike the new blogger. Maybe because when Perfect Daughter visits, HER account information is what comes up at the dashboard. This requires me to sign her out and sign myself in. Which takes way more than two minutes. But I digress--the problem wasn't the slow computer, the problem was something else. I sat, stumped, thinking of the password. Thinking, "my life has too many passwords". Thinking, "if I have to come up with yet another password that has at least seven letters, some capitalized, two symbols and no hyphens, I'll scream....." Thinking, "I don't remember this password!". Lying my head on the keyboard and banging my hands on the desk because the "help" for the password was going to take way more than my two minutes.
I have a password for all our banking. I can't use that anywhere else (well, I thought I could but was pretty quickly told NO by my hubby--rather forcefully too...), so even though that is the one password I can usually manage to remember, I can't use it anywhere else. I have to have a password for the kids' soccer website. I tried "kidssoccer" but that was taken. I think I'm kidssoccer99 or something. I need a password for renting videos online. I need a password for my AgathaChristi fansite (once again, go figure, "agatha" was taken). I need one for blogger, of course, and now I have a Facebook...which needs one. I'm so passworded out, I just can't think straight. I telephoned the bank the other day to skip all this password nonsense required for online banking and the person actually said (really, I'm not kidding), "You will have to create a phone password."
A PHONE password? They already ask my date of birth, my kids' middle initials, my mother's maiden name and my husband's occupation. Now I need a password? I actually said, "No, I'm sorry, I refuse to come up with another password". Well, that didn't work. So, yes, now I have a telephone password.
I do think it's funny that one of our "memory" prompts is supposed to by my grandmother's name. My husband put in my grandfather's name, then told me to "remember it's the other one's name" in a conspiratorial whisper. Are you kidding????? Do we have enough money in the account that we have to trick the word prompts? Does anyone care that much?? I think not. I certainly don't.
I'm forty-seven, aged, tired, grey,overweight, befuddled years old. I can't do this anymore. NO MORE PASSWORDS.
But back to blogging--
Rowdy Son said something funny at dinner last night. For some reason we were talking about people who drank too much and that they were often called "alcoholics". He piped up,
"Then Daddy is a non-alcoholic, right?".
It's so much easier to just write what they say.
And I don't need a password to do it.
I had two minutes, right now, so I decided to blog.
That two minutes was taken up by my complete and utter memory loss as to my password into "new blogger". Can I just say? I truly dislike the new blogger. Maybe because when Perfect Daughter visits, HER account information is what comes up at the dashboard. This requires me to sign her out and sign myself in. Which takes way more than two minutes. But I digress--the problem wasn't the slow computer, the problem was something else. I sat, stumped, thinking of the password. Thinking, "my life has too many passwords". Thinking, "if I have to come up with yet another password that has at least seven letters, some capitalized, two symbols and no hyphens, I'll scream....." Thinking, "I don't remember this password!". Lying my head on the keyboard and banging my hands on the desk because the "help" for the password was going to take way more than my two minutes.
I have a password for all our banking. I can't use that anywhere else (well, I thought I could but was pretty quickly told NO by my hubby--rather forcefully too...), so even though that is the one password I can usually manage to remember, I can't use it anywhere else. I have to have a password for the kids' soccer website. I tried "kidssoccer" but that was taken. I think I'm kidssoccer99 or something. I need a password for renting videos online. I need a password for my AgathaChristi fansite (once again, go figure, "agatha" was taken). I need one for blogger, of course, and now I have a Facebook...which needs one. I'm so passworded out, I just can't think straight. I telephoned the bank the other day to skip all this password nonsense required for online banking and the person actually said (really, I'm not kidding), "You will have to create a phone password."
A PHONE password? They already ask my date of birth, my kids' middle initials, my mother's maiden name and my husband's occupation. Now I need a password? I actually said, "No, I'm sorry, I refuse to come up with another password". Well, that didn't work. So, yes, now I have a telephone password.
I do think it's funny that one of our "memory" prompts is supposed to by my grandmother's name. My husband put in my grandfather's name, then told me to "remember it's the other one's name" in a conspiratorial whisper. Are you kidding????? Do we have enough money in the account that we have to trick the word prompts? Does anyone care that much?? I think not. I certainly don't.
I'm forty-seven, aged, tired, grey,overweight, befuddled years old. I can't do this anymore. NO MORE PASSWORDS.
But back to blogging--
Rowdy Son said something funny at dinner last night. For some reason we were talking about people who drank too much and that they were often called "alcoholics". He piped up,
"Then Daddy is a non-alcoholic, right?".
It's so much easier to just write what they say.
And I don't need a password to do it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home