Not always easy
The hard thing about being a "funny" blog, is well, being funny. I mean, life just isn't that funny much of the time. This week started with an email from my brother in Cairo. Zelda White the wife of his best friend and colleague. The two families shared postings in Yemen and Oman. They vacationed together....raised their kids together....enjoyed each other. My nephew entertained us two summers ago with stories of "climbing Kili" with them. Now she and her mother are dead. I thought this NY Times story on Zelda and her mother was compelling.
The hard fact is, while being an American diplomat used to mean "protection", now it means "target". This was a random carjacking--so they say. All I know is, the car had diplomatic plates.
Please pray for the White family. There are three kids and a grieving husband left behind.
The hard fact is, while being an American diplomat used to mean "protection", now it means "target". This was a random carjacking--so they say. All I know is, the car had diplomatic plates.
Please pray for the White family. There are three kids and a grieving husband left behind.


4 Comments:
i am so sorry for their loss..this is so very sad. and it's difficult to accept what nairobi has come to these days;(
claire
By
Anonymous, at 10:19 AM
Thanks for commenting, Claire. We're all still in shock. Such wonderful women, who truly loved Africa.
I have to say, I am worried about you girls heading over to Kenya...what on earth is going on over there. I know you won't be in Nairobi per se, but certainly will be in and out of it...I assume.
Be safe. Be very careful.
By
herewegoagain, at 7:34 PM
About 10 years ago, when I was starting high school, a friend of our families went on business overseas, as a diplomat. The bus he and his colleagues were on was the target of an attack and all passengers on board were killed. As with your story, the accident was deemed an "accident", but some things are too close to be coincidental.
I remember, at the time, not being able to imagine being his wife, having ro receive that news and then to tell their son.
Both families have been on my mind for several days. Prayers all around.
By
NavyBride, at 6:52 PM
Thanks for praying. The world is a scary place right about now.
By
herewegoagain, at 9:51 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home