Teeth, part II
Sweet Girl starting losing her teeth two days ago. Several months ago, I documented Rowdy Son's adventures and love affair with his own teeth...dickering on the worth (who needs a tooth fairy?), carrying them around in a velvet jewelry box, discussing each and every filling...etc.
Sweet Girl is 180 degrees different. She lost two in one day. I said, "Wow, that's worth $2.00!" Then I offered her the money, right then and there. She gave me a withering look and said, "Mom, you have to put it under my pillow". That is the hard part. I always forget. I often don't have the cash that exact day/night. It's just so much easier to hand over money--and with Rowdy Son, I don't even have to get the teeth. He wants them for his ever-growing collection. Not so with Sweet Girl. She wanted to wake up, find the teeth gone and the money there. And she didn't want to know how much money. "It's supposed to be a surprise, Mom". Well, O.K.
I forgot to mention that we have had company staying in her room. So she is in a sleeping bag on the floor. Man, that means I have to bend down, tuck the money in, and stand up again...all without waking her. That's pressure.
Well, I tried the first night. It didn't work, because, um...by "try", I mean, I had good intentions...but I fell asleep. She was so disappointed. I mean, she has a point...this isn't exactly rocket science.
SO, last night, I was determined. I had the money in my hands, I tucked her in at bedtime and then, very carefully, reached under the pillow and hid the $2.00 (surprise!). I thought, "If I do it NOW, I won't forget and fall asleep". She had no idea, and happily snuggled down and went to sleep.
This morning she came into my room holding the money in her right hand. She looked sorely disappointed. "What's wrong, honey?" I asked. "Mom!," she sighed, "It's just not the same when you leave the teeth". She held up the baggie with her two teeth in it. Oops.
Well, like I said in my first "teeth post". The tooth fairy doesn't live at the herewegoagain house.
However, tonight? She just lost her third tooth in two days. Herewegoagain.....
Sweet Girl is 180 degrees different. She lost two in one day. I said, "Wow, that's worth $2.00!" Then I offered her the money, right then and there. She gave me a withering look and said, "Mom, you have to put it under my pillow". That is the hard part. I always forget. I often don't have the cash that exact day/night. It's just so much easier to hand over money--and with Rowdy Son, I don't even have to get the teeth. He wants them for his ever-growing collection. Not so with Sweet Girl. She wanted to wake up, find the teeth gone and the money there. And she didn't want to know how much money. "It's supposed to be a surprise, Mom". Well, O.K.
I forgot to mention that we have had company staying in her room. So she is in a sleeping bag on the floor. Man, that means I have to bend down, tuck the money in, and stand up again...all without waking her. That's pressure.
Well, I tried the first night. It didn't work, because, um...by "try", I mean, I had good intentions...but I fell asleep. She was so disappointed. I mean, she has a point...this isn't exactly rocket science.
SO, last night, I was determined. I had the money in my hands, I tucked her in at bedtime and then, very carefully, reached under the pillow and hid the $2.00 (surprise!). I thought, "If I do it NOW, I won't forget and fall asleep". She had no idea, and happily snuggled down and went to sleep.
This morning she came into my room holding the money in her right hand. She looked sorely disappointed. "What's wrong, honey?" I asked. "Mom!," she sighed, "It's just not the same when you leave the teeth". She held up the baggie with her two teeth in it. Oops.
Well, like I said in my first "teeth post". The tooth fairy doesn't live at the herewegoagain house.
However, tonight? She just lost her third tooth in two days. Herewegoagain.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home