Happy Thanksgiving
By Mr. herewegoagain...

Mrs. herewegoagain is busily working in the kitchen and the relations have already begun to arrive. She has therefore asked me to handle her Thanksgiving Day post. Since I also plan to be busy tomorrow with projects like sleeping late and eating lots, I thought I'd get the blog post done now.
First off, let me say a little about the Pilgrims, since we generally associate the holiday with the Pilgrims and with eating lots of turkey. The Pilgrims fled religious persecution in England and ended up in Massachusetts. Massachusetts is a little state with a big name. It is a very nice state, but I suspect the main reason the Pilgrims ended up there is that it is on the East Coast and in those days they weren't drilling oil wells in West Texas yet so you couldn't drive here. Otherwise the Pilgrims may have ended up in Texas, in which case we'd prolly be having steaks for Thanksgiving. Instead, Massachusetts got the Pilgrims, Texas got the Baptists, and pretty much the whole country got turkey for Thanksgiving. Don't worry, I like both Pilgrims and Baptists, I 'm just giving you a little history lesson.
Now, on the off--chance someone might care what my preferences in terms of the actual Thanksgiving meal are, let me offer them here in an effort to put enough words into this blog post so that Mrs. herewegoagain is satisfied that enough verbage has been provided:
1. Oysters belong in the ocean, not in the stuffing. This is Texas, not Massachusetts, after all (but Massachusetts is a very nice state too).
2. Stuffing belongs in the plate, not in the bird. "So why do they call it stuffing?" you may ask. I figure it's because I'm stuffed after the Thanksgiving meal.
3. Skip the cranberry sauce, thank you very much.
4. If a mistake is made on the cooking time, I'd druther the bird was overcooked than undercooked.
5. If a pet chihuahua is in my house on Thanksgiving day, I want it in its doggie crate during the meal.
I used to have a point 6:
6. What time is the game?
However, among the reasons that point 6 no longer applies are these factors:
1. I like Mrs. herewegoagain to be happy--especially when there are 15 people here.
2. Texas and Texas A&M now play on Friday rather than on Thanksgiving.
Anyway, that's my effort at a Thanksgiving Day post. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and let's remember that

Mrs. herewegoagain is busily working in the kitchen and the relations have already begun to arrive. She has therefore asked me to handle her Thanksgiving Day post. Since I also plan to be busy tomorrow with projects like sleeping late and eating lots, I thought I'd get the blog post done now.
First off, let me say a little about the Pilgrims, since we generally associate the holiday with the Pilgrims and with eating lots of turkey. The Pilgrims fled religious persecution in England and ended up in Massachusetts. Massachusetts is a little state with a big name. It is a very nice state, but I suspect the main reason the Pilgrims ended up there is that it is on the East Coast and in those days they weren't drilling oil wells in West Texas yet so you couldn't drive here. Otherwise the Pilgrims may have ended up in Texas, in which case we'd prolly be having steaks for Thanksgiving. Instead, Massachusetts got the Pilgrims, Texas got the Baptists, and pretty much the whole country got turkey for Thanksgiving. Don't worry, I like both Pilgrims and Baptists, I 'm just giving you a little history lesson.
Now, on the off--chance someone might care what my preferences in terms of the actual Thanksgiving meal are, let me offer them here in an effort to put enough words into this blog post so that Mrs. herewegoagain is satisfied that enough verbage has been provided:1. Oysters belong in the ocean, not in the stuffing. This is Texas, not Massachusetts, after all (but Massachusetts is a very nice state too).
2. Stuffing belongs in the plate, not in the bird. "So why do they call it stuffing?" you may ask. I figure it's because I'm stuffed after the Thanksgiving meal.
3. Skip the cranberry sauce, thank you very much.
4. If a mistake is made on the cooking time, I'd druther the bird was overcooked than undercooked.
5. If a pet chihuahua is in my house on Thanksgiving day, I want it in its doggie crate during the meal.
I used to have a point 6:
6. What time is the game?
However, among the reasons that point 6 no longer applies are these factors:
1. I like Mrs. herewegoagain to be happy--especially when there are 15 people here.
2. Texas and Texas A&M now play on Friday rather than on Thanksgiving.
Anyway, that's my effort at a Thanksgiving Day post. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and let's remember that
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1: 17


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home