herewegoagain

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who me?

Today at the soccer field, there was an adorable little girl (probably about four years old) running around, picking flowers, playing with other little girls---that sort of thing--while her big sister played on my sweet girl's team.

It was all so pleasant. This is fairly unusual for anything soccer-related and me, so I was enjoying it--as I am enjoying most soccer-related days now that we don't coach anymore. I can show up without five extra balls in case kids forget them. I can show up without five gallons of water (you would be surprised how many kids forget water and it's 105 out!). I can smile and encourage the coach and not be married to him. I can NOT CARE if we lose. It's all really wonderful. I mean, really wonderful. I mean, like, if you haven't started coaching soccer--do it, so that you can take a break from it six years later and feel as wonderful as I did today sitting in my chair watching that cute little girl.

She came up to me at one point and asked me where my chihuahua was. After I told her that I would bring the pup next time, I pointed at her cute 70's flower-child shirt and said, "I love your shirt. I wish I had one". She looked doubtfully at me. I stupidly followed that comment with , "Do you think they have them in my size?". She shook her head, then ran to her mom, pointed are HER and said, "They have them in her size, but not yours". Mom is cute, athletic, 10 years younger than me. And, to give her lots of credit, she did look embarrassed. As did all the other 30-something moms. I had met the elephant on the field and it was me.

Um, yeah, have I mentioned that I'm the fat mom out there? Out of the mouths of babes. It really did crack me up, but man, I have got to get back on track with my diet.

Because, really, I was serious about wanting one of those shirts. MaryKate and Ashley have some sense of style for the Walmart set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home