THIS Is Why I'm Fat
Today is Valentine's Day. For some reason (Thanks Hallmark!), my kids think it means I'm supposed to be kind and loving to THEM (not some handsome, hunky guy like mr. h), oh...and give them chocolate. Preferably for breakfast, and preferably lots of it.
I'm a sucker, so I bit....and we had a very chocolate-y breakfast complete with heart mugs of hot chocolate, heart-shaped pancakes and a big box of assorted chocolates at every place.
I was doing well. I'm on a DIET, right? I had my tea with Splenda, enjoyed their happiness, and reached for my box sent from Perfect Daughter.
Drat. She sent truffles. Truffles are my weakness. I had no trouble watching the kids eat their assorted chocolates, because frankly, I'm wary of them. People mess up perfectly good chocolate by dipping it over pink gooey centers, or yellow gooey centers...or worse, some sort of white center that isn't coconut. I don't like to take that kind of risk with my chocolate (ewwww), so I am good sipping tea and watching the kids enjoy theirs.
Truffles are another story. These were milk chocolate with creamy white chocolate centers. "Well", I said to mr. herewegoagain, "I'm just going to freeze these and Perfect Daughter can have some when she comes home". Because, after all, I insisted, "I'm over chocolate---it's not even tempting.".
I put them in the freezer and forgot about them.
Until 10 a.m. Then I got out one. Can I just say? Truffles are NOT the same when frozen hard. There is none of that creamy deliciousness. They are hard to bite. They even sort of hurt my teeth. I was missing the entire truffle experience, but what the heck, I had SIX.
Then I controlled myself and gave most of the rest to the kids with the crabby instructions of "eat them NOW". I put ONE more back in the freezer. I took it out. I looked at it. I wanted it. I wanted it "creamy". I held it in my hand. I blew on it. I consider microwaving it. I just couldn't wait the 10 minutes it might take to get room temperature...so I put it under my shirt to speed it along. That's when I came to my senses...as I was I was reaching under my shirt for that morsel of chocolate. I possibly still have a problem with chocolate. That epiphany didn't stop me from popping it in my mouth. It was still cold.
Drat.
Here is my diary for the day:
Breakfast:
1 cup of tea, cream, Splenda.......50 calories, 1 carb.
7 truffles.........................................511 calories, 35 carbs
1 Reeses peanut butter heart.....180 calories, 18 carbs.
(Yeah, well, if you've eaten 7 truffles, what's a Reeses heart going to hurt?).
I stopped writing after that and you'll just have to guess what the rest of the day was like.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm a sucker, so I bit....and we had a very chocolate-y breakfast complete with heart mugs of hot chocolate, heart-shaped pancakes and a big box of assorted chocolates at every place.
I was doing well. I'm on a DIET, right? I had my tea with Splenda, enjoyed their happiness, and reached for my box sent from Perfect Daughter.
Drat. She sent truffles. Truffles are my weakness. I had no trouble watching the kids eat their assorted chocolates, because frankly, I'm wary of them. People mess up perfectly good chocolate by dipping it over pink gooey centers, or yellow gooey centers...or worse, some sort of white center that isn't coconut. I don't like to take that kind of risk with my chocolate (ewwww), so I am good sipping tea and watching the kids enjoy theirs.
Truffles are another story. These were milk chocolate with creamy white chocolate centers. "Well", I said to mr. herewegoagain, "I'm just going to freeze these and Perfect Daughter can have some when she comes home". Because, after all, I insisted, "I'm over chocolate---it's not even tempting.".
I put them in the freezer and forgot about them.
Until 10 a.m. Then I got out one. Can I just say? Truffles are NOT the same when frozen hard. There is none of that creamy deliciousness. They are hard to bite. They even sort of hurt my teeth. I was missing the entire truffle experience, but what the heck, I had SIX.
Then I controlled myself and gave most of the rest to the kids with the crabby instructions of "eat them NOW". I put ONE more back in the freezer. I took it out. I looked at it. I wanted it. I wanted it "creamy". I held it in my hand. I blew on it. I consider microwaving it. I just couldn't wait the 10 minutes it might take to get room temperature...so I put it under my shirt to speed it along. That's when I came to my senses...as I was I was reaching under my shirt for that morsel of chocolate. I possibly still have a problem with chocolate. That epiphany didn't stop me from popping it in my mouth. It was still cold.
Drat.
Here is my diary for the day:
Breakfast:
1 cup of tea, cream, Splenda.......50 calories, 1 carb.
7 truffles.........................................511 calories, 35 carbs
1 Reeses peanut butter heart.....180 calories, 18 carbs.
(Yeah, well, if you've eaten 7 truffles, what's a Reeses heart going to hurt?).
I stopped writing after that and you'll just have to guess what the rest of the day was like.
Happy Valentine's Day!


1 Comments:
Oh no! I had no idea, when I picked out those divine-looking truffles, that it would ever cause so much strife in your life! :-(
By
Anonymous, at 12:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home