Diet day
Mr. herewegoagain suggested that I write about a typical day on my new diet. You know, to encourage myself and others.
Here goes: February 7, 2006
Breakfast: 1/4 cup oatmeal (1/2 cup prepared), Splenda, two tablespoons of half and half.
170 calories/23 carbs. Carefully noted in my food diary.
Lunch: Dined with friends. Carefully scraped the veggie/cheese topping off the carefully ordered/planned for veggie pizza. Noted in my food diary.
One hour later....took "a bite" of fried mozzarella. It is "cheese" so I ignored the breading. Five minutes later, had six more. Darn, those are good. Some carbs, surely, but really...cheese. Slightly mentioned in food diary.
20 minutes later....had just "one" piece of chocolate from friend's designer chocolate gift basket. Yeah, sure that's carbs, but really, one piece? Five minutes later, had twelve "chocolate drops in my mouth". Darn, those are good. The words "chocolate drops" imply very little calories, carbs, etc...so had 20 more. Stopped writing in food diary.
At 3 pm, said good-bye to friends.
Figured since I had already had all the carbs I could possibly have that day, I would finish off the cookies we set out for the kids.
Dinner time--surprisingly not hungry.
Here goes: February 7, 2006
Breakfast: 1/4 cup oatmeal (1/2 cup prepared), Splenda, two tablespoons of half and half.
170 calories/23 carbs. Carefully noted in my food diary.
Lunch: Dined with friends. Carefully scraped the veggie/cheese topping off the carefully ordered/planned for veggie pizza. Noted in my food diary.
One hour later....took "a bite" of fried mozzarella. It is "cheese" so I ignored the breading. Five minutes later, had six more. Darn, those are good. Some carbs, surely, but really...cheese. Slightly mentioned in food diary.
20 minutes later....had just "one" piece of chocolate from friend's designer chocolate gift basket. Yeah, sure that's carbs, but really, one piece? Five minutes later, had twelve "chocolate drops in my mouth". Darn, those are good. The words "chocolate drops" imply very little calories, carbs, etc...so had 20 more. Stopped writing in food diary.
At 3 pm, said good-bye to friends.
Figured since I had already had all the carbs I could possibly have that day, I would finish off the cookies we set out for the kids.
Dinner time--surprisingly not hungry.


4 Comments:
Atkins is evil!!!! I'm telling you, that diet is bad news!!!! The female body craves carbs toooooo much! I mean, let's face it, I could do without meat for the rest of my life--let me live on bread, and fruit, and chocolate!
:-)
I laughed SO hard! I've been there so many times myself with the crazy binges--usually after midnight too! (that's when you wake up the next day with a "food hangover"!)
By
Anonymous, at 11:23 AM
It's just really hard to binge successfully on boiled eggs and boiled chicken. I miss it!
By
herewegoagain, at 12:07 PM
I discovered Healthy Choice's ice cream about 6 months ago. This has saved my ice-cream cravings. My favorite is the (soon to be discontinued) Brownie Chunk.
This week, I discovered that the same Brownie Chunk is even better when scooped up with Chips Ahoy White Fudge Chunky cookies... in lieu of a spoon.
This cannot be good for me....
By
Maria, at 4:48 PM
OK, that sounds too good to actually sit and read (especially after a breakfast of low-carb, high fiber toast....which was a TREAT because it wasn't eggs).
Maybe if I actually exercised, I could eat. Then again, if I actually exercised, the world might stop turning.
By
herewegoagain, at 9:36 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home