Today
Today is my first day blogging. I know that means anyone reading this is already bored. That's OK, because my husband is hovering over my shoulder, completely terrified that I will a) share the most private and embarrassing moments of my, and by extension, his life.. (well, that might happen) and b) give out all our financial details to the scurge that lurk on the internet just trying to hack into my checking acct. that generally has $36.00 in it.
So, really, I'm writing to bug HIM.
The funny thing is, he has a job that requires making big decisions about perfect strangers but then is worried that I'll write way too much about dog vomit to perfect strangers. Frankly, I think the dog vomit is less of a risk.
As a mom of three kids and also three dogs, two cats and a bird...well, there is possibly no end to dog vomit stories. But, really, there is more to my life that that.
There is the whole diet thing. The whole car problem thing. The whole everything-kid thing. The whole DAUGHTER IN COLLEGE thing. I have to capitalize that, because when you are 21, you deserve capitals.
My daughter in college...let's just start there. Yeah, she is practically perfect. And I mean that wholeheartedly, not just because she will be certainly tuning in here to see how mom embarrasses her. Although, unlike my husband (who has a blog and when I can figure out how to link to it, I will), I am not telling ANYONE about my blog. I WANT to blog to perfect strangers...really, the family thing is too stressful. Anyway, back to perfect daughter number one....
She headed off to college. On a full scholarship. To a wonderful Christian U. (Hubby, who lurks, reminds me she went on two scholarships...)....and all is truly wonderful with her. One little thing--one TINY thing. She jumps out of planes. For fun.
OK, I'm the mom who never wanted her to ever drive with "young guys" in cars. Statistics, please. So NOW, she is jumping out of planes piloted by "young guys". Apparently you can be an excellent pilot at age 21. I personally was an excellent shopper, pizza eater and spender-of-my-dad's money at age 21. Piloting? And what about JFK junior? Just saying...
So, she gets a great deal on the flight costs cuz this "excellent pilot" needs hours in the plane. And to make me feel better, she points out that statistically it's safer for her to JUMP OUT, than to land. Hmmm.
My perfect daughter.
So, really, I'm writing to bug HIM.
The funny thing is, he has a job that requires making big decisions about perfect strangers but then is worried that I'll write way too much about dog vomit to perfect strangers. Frankly, I think the dog vomit is less of a risk.
As a mom of three kids and also three dogs, two cats and a bird...well, there is possibly no end to dog vomit stories. But, really, there is more to my life that that.
There is the whole diet thing. The whole car problem thing. The whole everything-kid thing. The whole DAUGHTER IN COLLEGE thing. I have to capitalize that, because when you are 21, you deserve capitals.
My daughter in college...let's just start there. Yeah, she is practically perfect. And I mean that wholeheartedly, not just because she will be certainly tuning in here to see how mom embarrasses her. Although, unlike my husband (who has a blog and when I can figure out how to link to it, I will), I am not telling ANYONE about my blog. I WANT to blog to perfect strangers...really, the family thing is too stressful. Anyway, back to perfect daughter number one....
She headed off to college. On a full scholarship. To a wonderful Christian U. (Hubby, who lurks, reminds me she went on two scholarships...)....and all is truly wonderful with her. One little thing--one TINY thing. She jumps out of planes. For fun.
OK, I'm the mom who never wanted her to ever drive with "young guys" in cars. Statistics, please. So NOW, she is jumping out of planes piloted by "young guys". Apparently you can be an excellent pilot at age 21. I personally was an excellent shopper, pizza eater and spender-of-my-dad's money at age 21. Piloting? And what about JFK junior? Just saying...
So, she gets a great deal on the flight costs cuz this "excellent pilot" needs hours in the plane. And to make me feel better, she points out that statistically it's safer for her to JUMP OUT, than to land. Hmmm.
My perfect daughter.


4 Comments:
You made me laugh :-)
You missed your true calling--I'm pretty sure it's writing.
By
Anonymous, at 3:53 PM
dear anonymous,
just don't forget to pull that ripcord.
By
herewegoagain, at 5:05 PM
I went to a little christian college in texas, too. mine was in austin.
By
loofrin, at 7:23 PM
I'm trying to think if "Christian college" and Austin, Texas are oxymorons!!!
Having gone myself, you see, to, um, UT....
By
herewegoagain, at 8:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home