herewegoagain

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Me too

I guess growing old together has its advantages. My husband is obviously semi-senile if he still thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world, but then again...we are both stuck in 1982 when we first met each other. I still think he can lift anything, run anywhere, and stay up all night typing my papers.

Wait, he can.

Oh well, I think I have definitely been growing older and he seems to have freakishly stayed 30-something. It's really unfair because believe me when I say that he likes Hershey Kisses EVERY bit as much as I do. And frankly, HE'S the one who introduced me to the joys of late-night gnoshing in front of a rented movie. Of course, he still thinks a good day includes a run for a few miles, when my idea of perfection is napping in the sun by the pool.

But, I guess it doesn't matter much if he really has lost that part of his brain that can discern the reality that is me at this point in my late-40's life. So, to that end... my advice to anyone who fears aging...catch 'em while they and you are young. I will always be 21 to him.

Happy Anniversary, DH.

2 Comments:

  • I don't think that I will ever have a 26 years anniversary with anyone :( I'm much too wise to get married. Especially in the eighties. But. You're to be envied. Happy Anniversary Aunti B, and DH! (Does that stand for Designated Hitter?) j/k ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Wait, does that mean you are too wise to get married when you are 80? Or in the eighties...when you were actually unborn throughout 1/2 the decade? I'm confused. I must go and read your blog!

    By Blogger herewegoagain, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home