I know, I know

People who blog, even those with oh, let's count... one reader...really shouldn't leave people hanging when there is a biopsy result to be announced. It's fine, I'm fine, and I was just lazy. Well, not lazy, but sick. We have had the flu? cold? swine flu? pneumonia? allergies?--I don't know, but I want it to go AWAY.
I'm fairly sure I caught it from my non-HIPA nurses at the hospital. I went in healthy and came home sniffly. Someone probably sneezed right ON me during my non-anesthesia. THEY wear masks, but I notice no one offered me one. Anyway, it's been a looooooong holiday season. And Christmas is still 16 days away, but who's counting? And who really needs a Christmas tree anyway?
Of course, I am surprisingly able to keep the weight on during any and all illness. I'm telling you, it's a genetic trait that means MY DNA will still be around during the next Ice Age, famine, nuclear holocaust--you name it. The world will be starving, yet there will still be a few little chubby people running around righteously defending themselves with, "What? I haven't eaten ANYTHING!". They will be traced to a fatty in the Texas Hill Country who lived there around the 21st century, whose bones will be dug up out of the family dog cemetery because her husband REFUSES TO MOVE.
I feel like this is a gripey blog with no point to it.
Let me just recommend a movie. My best-friend-from-11th-grade recently moved close to me. We hadn't seen each other since we were 16 and wearing skinny jeans on skinny bodies. SHE can still wear them and look fabulous, while I have graduated (ha, see the pun?) to sweatpants and large tent-shirts. Anyway, we decided we would take the kids to a cheerily decorated mall on San Antonio's famous Riverwalk, see the festive lights and go to a Christmas movie.
What fun! It was but....well, the movie we chose to take mostly young children to was: "The Fantastic Mr. Fox".
It wasn't "The Polar Express", or "The Santa Clause 25", "ELF" or any of a dozen really Christmas-y movies. There was really no mention of Christmas, except when the animals were having some sort of surreal Christmas (holiday?) dinner way underground as they were dodging death by farmers.
BUT IT IS SOOOO FUNNY. I think the entire movie went over the heads of our 7-13 year-old crowd, but my bfff11thg and I laughed until we cried. I highly recommend it. You might not want your kids to see the bad guy lighting up his cigarette, or to hear "cuss" used very creatively in place of other words (all for the PG rating), or even to see small forest creatures being shot at, trapped, and drowned (everyone lives, no worries). I mean, this is a movie with a dog in it who suffers from "chronic rabies". Watching nattily attired Mr. Fox eat his breakfast waffle is worth the price of the movie.
Oh, it's based on a Roald Dahl story. "Nuff said.
Go and see it, SIOBHAN! (Shout-out to my faithful reader!)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home